Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Our client is a leader in the petroleum downstream sector. Their business is in the importation and trade of Petroleum Motor Spirit – PMS into the Nigerian market. Due to expansion the company now has an opening for an experienced Financial Accountant to cover a broad range of accounting, tax and financial reporting responsibilities.
- Reports to the Executive Director
- The role requires an assertive and well organised individual able to confidently report results to Directors, as well as manage administration relations with tax officials and advisors
- The role has no direct reports and requires hands on record keeping, filing of tax / other returns and reporting monthly results using MS Excel.
- Ensure the accurate and timely recording in the accounting system including accruals
- Regular bank reconciliations and filing of documents
- Preparation of the monthly oil assets reporting package to oil management in Nigeria & London
- Preparation of the monthly trade reporting analysis to oil management in London
- File local regulatory returns and payment of Admin fees, PEF, provisional tax, WHT & VAT on time
- Preparation of the Annual financial statements, returns and audit backup files
- Tax administration ensuring all responsibilities are met and proof obtained and filed
- Ensure accurate allocation and booking of trades and expenses
- Management of external and internal auditors
- Confident and successful negotiation with authorities
- Co-ordination of the asset budget and assistance in preparation of a budget
- Leading various projects, notably reporting improvement and cost analysis projects
- A recognized professional accounting qualification
- Ability to take on responsibility and function independently
- Minimum 3 years post qualification experience either in industry or practice
- Competence and confidence to deal internally with management and also with demanding authorities
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Organised and an excellent communicator
- IFRS experience – decent level of IFRS proficiency (Mandatory)
- SAGE / (Peachtree) & SAP Business One experience is advantageous but not a requirement
- Audit background is advantageous but not a requirement
- Oil and gas experience is advantageous but not a requirement.
- HND/OND can also apply
N.B: Applicants must be lagos resident