- To manage the smooth running of the Financial Accounting operations of Sapele Power Plc
- Ensure adherence to the accounting deliverables of Sapele Power Plc
- Drive the Finance Operations as its affect various departments of the company
- Champion the Implementation of all Financial Cycle Processes and Procedures
- Preparing final accounts by ensuring all account schedules agree with the General ledger balances on Monthly, Quarterly, Bi Annual, and Annual basis.
- Reconciliation of Balance Sheet balances to Sub-Ledger and ensure prompt correction of identified errors
- Ensuring Financial Reports are prepared in accordance with IFRS regulations
- Preparation of Monthly Management Report. Detailing Financial Performance against budget and provide comments on all variances
- Attend to External Auditors on annual audit exercise and other External Consultants
- Ensuring that all regulation levies are paid as and when due. E.g (WHT Remittances, VAT, PAYE and CIT)
- Vet all financial transactions and ensure they meet Sapele Power Plc standard reporting systems
- Ensuring Stock Take exercise is observed on last day of every month.
- Monitor the CAPEX and OPEX expenses while ensuring adequate compliance to financial prudence.
- Ensuring transactions are coded into appropriate expense head and cost centers
- Assist in extracting, collating and consolidation information needed to generate the company’s annual operating budget.
- Coordinate the entire Finance team, ensuring they deliver the value required of the team
- Build capacity within the Financial Accounting team of the Organization by:
- Continuously reviewing the capacity required to support the team unit in delivering its functions effectively
- Provide development opportunities for direct reports that challenge and expand their capability
- Provide leadership that inspire others to succeed, and proactively share experience, knowledge plus ideas
- Ensuring that performance objectives are clearly defined for all job roles within the team and that all staff members are evaluated against agreed performance objectives at pre-defined periods set by the HR function
- Coaching and counseling of team members as necessary
Key Performance Indicators:
- Up - to - date Asset details; Acquisition, Movement register and depreciation
- Up to date details of all Prepayments
- Accurate value of available stocks in the entire business or group
- Accurate postings of accounts per account types, Cost Centers and business location.
- Adherence to Monthly Closing Deadlines
- Timely delivery of financial reports/ Monthly Management Reports
- Zero Tolerance on correcting journals from External Auditors
Skills, Competencies and Requirements
- Financial Strategy Management
- Financial Analysis Skills
- Strong Financial and Management Accounting skills
- Strong Computer literacy skills
- In-depth understanding of Accounting softwares
- In-depth understanding of Accounting systems
General Management Competencies/Requirements:
- Strong Leadership skills
- Strong Oral and Written Communication skills
- Good Presentation Skills
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Relationship Management
- Strong Problem solving skills
- Ability to plan, schedule and coordinate effectively
- Minimum of university degree or HND Accounting, Finance (and or other recognized Professional Accounting Qualification ACCA or ACA)
- Minimum of 5 years post professional qualification experience.
- Basic knowledge of Power and Energy Sector’s GSAA, GTA, PPA & Accounting systems would be an added advantage.
Desired Personal Attributes:
- Proactive self-starter
- Assertive and tenacious
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to work with all levels of management, build partnerships and teams
- Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to cope with and work under pressure.