The Financial administrator is responsible for the financial, administrative and office management of the PMU in Katsina. Also he/she ensures the compliance of financial and administrative procedures with the standards as set by Oxfam (Novib) and European Union. The Financial Administrator reports to the Project Manager and is expected to provide strategic support working closely with Finance and Support Manager Oxfam in Nigeria Country Office to deliver quality financial and administrative operations effectively, efficiently, transparent and accountable.
- Responsible for Setup Katsina FuWoBa Project financial administration systems and procedures of both stove and agroforestry components of the budget of FuWoBa Project fully complying with ICEED, Oxfam and EU requirements
- Responsible for verification of expenditure and implementation of corresponding payments and recoveries after their authorization by the Project Manager
- Keeps all financial records and transactions relating to the FuWoBa Project in the state in accordance with EDF, Oxfam Novib and ICEED procedures and submit timely replenishment requests and reports
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports/statements for the project in the state in line with standard accounting principles-including budget tracking and preparation of budget variance analysis
- Prepares cash flow statement and cash forecasts for the project as and when needed
- Liaises with the Administrative Officer (Procurement) and Finance and Support Manager in Abuja
- liaise with auditors and provide them with required information, during field work of project audits
- Monthly bank reconciliation for the project
· Any other tasks as assigned within the Programme team.