The Financial Analyst will report to the Finance Manager, Middle East & Africa (MEA) and will be a member of the Global Travel Retail & India, Middle East, & Africa finance team. This role will be responsible to develop and drive planning, reporting, internal and external analytics for the whole MEA business team as well as helping to formulate long-term strategies for the various sub-regions.
The Financial Analyst will provide timely and impactful business analytics to support our commercial, brand, and business development initiatives across MEA. The role will also support to manage the various distributor relationships, corresponding commercial set-ups and value chains and will help to focus on balanced value/volume growth in order to achieve challenging performance goals in an Emerging Markets environment. The MEA region consists of more than 50 countries.
Develop clear, solid, and periodic regional, country, and brand reporting that analyzes and explains variances versus planned results. Develop and integrate external key performance indicators and trends of our brands in the various regions.
- Planning and Forecasting
Support the annual and quarterly planning processes in close cooperation with all functions within the region. Manage all steps necessary in this key financial process in order to ensure superior resource allocation. Develop and maintain long-term business models in order to facilitate strategy formulation.
- Distributor Management
Assist in management of distributor relations. Monitor distributor performance by analyzing distributor sales data and by tracking compliance with performance and incentive metrics. Liaise with counterparts at distributor concerning operational management of the distribution agreement: data interchange, supply / demand forecasting, reimbursements, periodic activity reconciliations.
- Price and profitability
Develop and maintain actionable analyses and reports to drive understanding of profitability across all relevant dimensions: channels, customer, brand and SKUs to support commercial decision making. Develop and maintain value-chain analyses to enable commercial decision making about pricing, discounting, channel strategy, and route-to-consumer efficiency. Model and forecast P&Ls for new product developments in order to ensure correct pricing decisions. Review current pricing over all relevant dimensions.
- Cost analyses
Control and understand selling, general and administrative expenses, so they can be optimized and effectively allocated to activities and cost owners (departments, brands, channels)
- Brand investment effectiveness
Support brand teams with reports and analyses to understand the effectiveness of brand building activities to maximize the exploitation of long term brand potential.
- Supply chain support and analysis
Support supply / demand planning processes across extended and complex distribution pipeline in various regions in MEA. Provide required analytics of our various supply chains to enable proper logistics/customer service business decisions.
- Sales analysis and support
Assist brand teams in understanding sales performance by brand and channel with an eye to opportunities and issues and assist in the development of sales enhancement strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or CPA/Chartered Accountant plus 2-5 years of relevant business experience.
- A Proven track record in an international / global company as business analyst or management accountant. Prefer experience in FMCG industry.
- Excellent general PC skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps), advanced or expert level user of Microsoft Excel, familiar with enterprise software (SAP or similar), database tools (MS Access) and business intelligence tools (BW, Business Objects or similar)
- Solid accounting and financial management experience
- Ability to think conceptually, strategically and proactively.
- Superior oral and written communications skills including fluency in the English language, with the ability to clearly discuss business issues and translate into financial implications and action plans.
- Proven ability to effectively handle confidential information and materials.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective work relationships with all levels of personnel with the ability to challenge constructively.
- The ability to work independently in a matrix structure and execute responsibilities in a high volume, deadline oriented environment; the willingness and ability to organize, implement, and complete multiple tasks with limited direction; can maintain accurate documentation and perform quality work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- A professional accounting license, such as a CPA or CMA. (Or relevant RSA qualifications)
- Experience in the beverage alcohol industry.
- Experience in international financial analysis.