- Supports the head of Finance Systems and Controls to manage internal controls in finance and drive adherence to financial controls policy across the bank.
- Also drives adherence to the provisions of the operational risk management framework across Finance.
• Monitor compliance with and adherence to Financial Controls Policy (FCP) across the bank
• Maintain the Bank’s Chart of Accounts, ensuring complete reconciliation in place.
• Review General Ledger suspense and sundry accounts
• Ensure outstanding items in general ledger sundry and suspense accounts are within life span
• Assist in coordinating FCP and ORMAF trainings for Finance and other units across the Bank.
• Perform Assurance reviews to ensure adherence to the FCP
• Perform Trial Balance reviews in line with the FCP
• Support the development and enhancement of the Finance control environment.
• Professional qualifications in Accounting and Finance e.g. ACCA, ACA plus at least six years work experience either in the banking industry or audit firm.
• Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Broad understanding of banking practice
• General understanding of minimum controls standards
• An eye for detail and accuracy with a strong analytical capability
• Probing mind
• People management and stakeholder engagement skill
• High level of computer literacy is required especially the use simple system/ data query tools
• Team coordination, supervisory, people management and accurate execution/delivery of agreed tasks and objectives.
• Good business writing skills
In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.