• To ensure the overall integrity and accuracy of the General Ledger as a basis for the preparation of Financial and Management Reporting
• To manage all matters relating to the operation of the following key functions within the finance department: financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliations and overall financial discipline.
• Preparation of financial reports for the Company and the Group
• To lead in development setting of the Stanbic IBTC Holdings strategy and objectives
• Being the custodian of the General Ledger, Chart of Accounts, and the central repository for all Financial and Management information for the Company.
• Ensure that transactions are correctly and timeously recorded in the books of accounts.
• Manage the processing, payment and reconciliation of all suppliers.
• Manage all aspects of fixed asset accounting, ensuring that amounts ultimately recorded in the general ledger are correct.
• Perform detailed review and analysis of the Company and Group numbers to confirm the integrity and resilience of reported results.
• Facilitate the design and implementation of reporting systems to provide and communicate quality information.
• Understand the business information needs of Head office information receivers and align this with country management information needs.
• Provide reliable information and reports to SIHL EXCO to enable them to meaningfully direct the Company.
• Formalise finance and accounting processes and procedures (maintenance of the procedures manual)
• Participate in the development of the annual budgeting process
• Ensure maintenance of and adherence to Group accounting policies and procedures.
• Playing a leading role in coaching and developing his/her team
Key performance measures
• Ensuring that all internal and external reporting requirements are timeously met, including preparation of monthly and quarterly accounts, Group Accounts and Statutory Consolidated Annual Financial Statements
• Ensuring compliance with CBN and SARB reporting regulations
• Monitoring all Balance sheet and Income Statement account movements and ensuring that they reflect the correct balances and all relevant account reconciliations are performed and corrective actions taken timeously.