• The responsibilities are cross sites and cover every aspect of the balance sheet, profit & loss account and control environment.
• Leading a team of Finance people and provide coaching and support to an ambitious management team.
• Leading the Corporate Risk management process of the business and act as the conscience of the business, both from a risk and from a “Financial Fitness” perspective.
• The Financial Controller is a key member of the Operational Finance Leadership Team and co-leader of the Financial Controllers Group.
Financial accounting and reporting of the legal entity, which comprises the Organisation, the Sourcing Units, the factory sites.
• Full ownership of the Balance Sheet and P&L.
• Risk management and the control environment, in line with the Sarbanes- Oxley legislation.
• Lead the Accounts Receivables, General Ledger & Reporting, expenses, NPI and Asset Management functions.
• Cash Flow forecast and management, Forex exposure, Overhead budget management, Eurocost reporting, statutory reporting and tax.
• A variety of ad hoc projects including brand disposal & below the line activities.
Part of the team establishing the Finance Excellence Centre.
• Change management, as the Accounts Payable function is in the process of being transferred to the Finance Excellence Centre.
• Ensuring the control environment is at re-performance standards, in line with Sarbanes-Oxley.
• Process improvements to ensure each and every finance process will become World Class (e.g. driving further improvements/changes within the European SAP design; sharing best practice with Unilever global process owners)
• Establish relationships with External Audit partners (i.e. PwC)