An African focused E&P company are currently seeking a Financial Controller to join the company on a permanent basis. The Financial Controller will have a minimum of 12 years progressive finance and accounting experience including managerial experience, financial reporting, preparation of financial statements, budgets and forecast in an exploration and production company.
The Financial Controller oversees all accounting and financial reporting operations for the group, and manages the finance team. The jobholder works closely with the Chief Financial Officer, contributes to developing and implementing the groups financial strategy, works with external auditors for periodic audits and reviews, and is charged with the development and management of internal controls.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or a related field.
- Master's degree in Accounting or a Business discipline preferred.
- Professional accounting qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA.
- Minimum of 12 years progressive finance and accounting experience including managerial experience, financial reporting, preparation of financial statements, budgets and forecast in an exploration and production company.
- Strong experience in the oil and gas industry (exploration and production only) will be an advantage.
- Experienced in debt financing and mergers & acquisitions.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Financial Accounting and Reporting with sound knowledge of IFRS, applicable standards and statutory requirements (especially for the oil and gas industry and listed companies).
- Management Accounting.
- Financial Management.
- Strategic Planning & Management.
- Business Acumen.
- Internal Control & Audit.
- Analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Managerial and Leadership Skills.
- Team work and Cross-functional Collaboration.
- Proficient use of MS Office suite and Accounting Systems e.g. SUN; advanced MS Excel skills.
Physical & Other:
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, sometimes with short notice, 50 70% of the time.