Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Regional Finance Director (RFD), your role will be to maximize the company’s return on financial assets by implementing/establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems.
Specific responsibilities shall include:
• Preparation of budgets, forecasts and cash flows for the company.
• Overseeing the Payroll process.
• Timely preparation and rendering of returns on all tax obligations e.g. VAT, WHT, PAYE etc.
• Advising on financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
• Contributing to effective Treasury Management by maximizing returns and limit risk on cash by minimizing bank balances.
• Achieving budget objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
• Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA) with a keen commercial sense.
• Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience in both accounting and management.
• Substantial work experience in management, ideally within a FMCG organization with a high volume/velocity of financial transactions that require correct, complete & timely reports.
• Proficient in the knowledge and deployment of ICT and accounting systems (e.g. Sage Line 50 and Pastel/ Evolution, and other ERP accounting software).