Nigeria Mortgage Refinance Company (NMRC) is a newly established institution by the Federal Government of Nigeria, Development Finance Institutions and the private sector with the primary responsibility of addressing the long-term funding constraints hindering the growth of the primary mortgage market; reducing the funding cost of residential mortgages and ensuring the availability of housing to the average Nigerian.
The company is a specialised wholesale non-deposit taking financial institution that will be regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria under the Bank and other Financial Institutions Act (1991). This initiative is expected to deliver 100,000 homes per annum, and generate and sustain at least 300,000 direct jobs and 488,000 indirect jobs after the project period.
To achieve this transformational initiative, the NMRC seeks to engage self-driven, visionary and result-oriented professionals with cognate experience and a proven track record of success to fill the middle management level position:
- Responsible for ensuring the preparation of accurate and efficient financial and management accounts; adherence to statutory and regulatory reporting requirements as well as the administration and maintenance of the company’s general ledger system.
- A university degree in Accounting, Banking and Finance, or any other related discipline from a reputable university plus relevant professional certification (ICAN, ACA, CFA, ACCA, etc.).
- A post graduate degree (MBA, MSc) will be an added advantage.
- 8-10 years relevant experience in Finance, 5 of which should be at middle management level.
- Sound knowledge of IFRS Accounting Policy.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, i.e. MS Word, Excel, (Accounting application experience will be a major advantage).