Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
About the job:
- The Controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the Company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with local GAAP and international financial reporting standards.
- The Financial Controller oversees the day to day activities of Company accounting team and ensures Company’s accounting function is organized and efficient and produces accurate financial and management accounts.
- The Financial Controller will provide accounting advice to the business, prepare group and statutory reports. A key player in the business performance reviews, and coordinates the quarterly latest estimate process for key indicators like Opex and Capex, and also cash flow and earnings.
- The Accounting team works closely together with many different stakeholders and the Financial Controller will actively manage the interfaces between business, finance, finance operations, tax and external auditors.
Roles and responsibilities:
Lead and participate in all financial operations of the company including reporting, forecasting, invoicing and cash management, accounts payable/receivable and payroll.
- Lead and participate in the monthly accounting close ensuring timeliness, accuracy, completeness and compliance with corporate policy ,
- Liaise with external and internal audits on the planning and execution of audits. These audits include, but are not limited to, the annual opinion audit, and tax compliance audits.
- Drive the budgeting and forecasting processes that link into the corporate planning requirements in addition to business reviews addressing financial and operating performance. Responsible for summarizing and presenting key findings, recommendations, opportunities, and risks to the Executive Leadership.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Provide insight to leadership on actual performance against budgeted performance and explanations for variances. Anticipate future results based upon current results, trends, and new information.
- Influence decisions with useable data that reflect the overall strengths and weaknesses of each directorate/function of the Company.
- Lead and participate in the preparation of the annual budgeting process, management accounts reports, cost analysis, and other periodic reports necessary to assist in effective management of the company financial resources.
- Manage the overall contracts order processing, revenue and invoice management,
- Support the implementation of new processes and controls,
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures and ensure an adequate system of controls over accounting transactions is in place.
- Manage the bookkeeping function. Document and maintain complete and accurate
- supporting information for all financial transactions,
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts; and manage cash flow,
- Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results,
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential,
- Manage the insurance requirement for the Company and ensure adequate coverage policy,
- Preparation of Tax returns,
- Lead, develop, and grow a group of accounting professionals;
- Any other duties required within the finance and financial controls framework.
- Abide all statutory requirements pertaining to HSE.
- Adhere to all HSE standards and specification of Company.
- Implement all Quality and HSE requirements coming under your area of jurisdiction.
Terms and Conditions:
- Employment Type: Direct Hire
- Duration: Long Term
- Location: Muscat, Oman
- Resident Based
- Remuneration: Will be paid All-Inclusive in OMR/Month
- Fully qualified CPA/ACCA/ACA (or equivalent) with previous financial controls and management reporting experience.
- SAP FICO experience is a MUST (familiarity with PS module and BI interface is desired).