Nigeria Mortgage Refinance Company (NMRC) is a newly established institution by the Federal Government of Nigeria, Development Finance Institutions and the private sector with the primary responsibility of addressing the long-term funding constraints hindering the growth of the primary mortgage market; reducing the funding cost of residential mortgages and ensuring the availability of housing to the average Nigerian.
The company is a specialised wholesale non-deposit taking financial institution that will be regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria under the Bank and other Financial Institutions Act (1991). This initiative is expected to deliver 100,000 homes per annum, and generate and sustain at least 300,000 direct jobs and 488,000 indirect jobs after the project period.
To achieve this transformational initiative, the NMRC seeks to engage self-driven, visionary and result-oriented professionals with cognate experience and a proven track record of success to fill the middle management level position:
- Responsible for credit risk analysis, implementation of credit policy, undertake risk assessment analysis and maintenance of uniform underwriting standards.
- A university degree in any Finance related discipline from a reputable institution, plus a post graduate degree (MBA, MSc, MA etc.).
- Relevant professional certification (ICAN, ACA, ACCA, CFA, etc.) will be an added advantage.
- 8 - 10 years' relevant experience in analysing banks or other financial institutions balance sheets, 5 of which should be at middle management level.
- Extensive knowledge of credit assessment and structuring plus operational risk management; knowledge of market risk monitoring & control will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, i.e. MS Word, Excel, etc. at advance level will also be an advantage.