To sell Financial Markets products profitably to institutional and corporate clients towards attainment of their financial targets. To put a strategy in place for increasing Standard Chartered Banks share of existing clients business (FX, Money Markets, Derivatives and Structured Products) for enlarging the current portfolio of clients. Achieve product sales targets for the banks clients, acting as each customers primary point of contact within Global Markets
1. Set up new revenue streams by exploring new market niches and selectively introducing new products.
2. Set up a clear and coherent marketing and calling plan across existing and potential clients.
3. Monitor business performance on an ongoing business vis-a-vis budget and take proactive measures to achieve it.
4. Conduct a competitive scan periodically to determine the Banks standing in the market place and communicate it to the Head of Sales and Global Markets
5. Ensure the clients of the bank are serviced efficiently by quick quotation of rates, quality inputs on the market and regular contact on the telephone.
6. Ensure the Daily/Weekly newsletters are sent to the banks clients regularly.
7. Ensure compliance with all applicable Group Compliance Standards and local regulations under the CRM framework
8. Cross-sell WB products to the customer base and work closely with OCC with a view to expanding Global Markets franchise.
9. Ensure necessary steps are taken to address regulatory and internal control guidelines.
10. Conduct presentations to existing and potential customers in order to increase awareness of the Treasury products and to build relationships.
11. Increase new products and initiatives in the market place with the objective of improving profitability
12. Work closely with the rest of the sales team in handling all flow clients FX and Fixed Income requests.
1. Extensive experience in most areas of the bank is required.
2. A University degree with a preferred Post Graduation qualification
3. Good knowledge of the Foreign Exchange and Money Markets and the products acessible is a must
4. ACI Certification
5. Should be conversant with all operational aspects of Treasury
6. Must possess the ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure
7. Must possess the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
8. Mathematics and computer skills are required
9. A sound economic background is a must
10. Must possess good analytical skills to be able to structure deals
11. Must possess excellent Marketing and Communications skills
12. Should have good interpersonal skills