Roles & Responsibilities
- Selling, developing and leading consulting projects for clients in Financial Risk Management.
- Building and maintaining value-adding client relationships.
- Advising our financial services clients on their financial risk models, policies and governance.
- Supporting clients in the implementation of their Enterprise-wide Risk Management Frameworks.
- Identifying business opportunities for within existing and/or potential clients.
- Participating in business development and contributing to harness the business opportunities into successful wins.
- Contributing to knowledge sharing and development within the Risk consulting team.
- Provide inputs and drive initiatives for the development of thought leadership in financial risk and regulations.
- Ensuring effective monitoring of multiple risk management projects with tight reporting deadlines.
- Developing and validating models to meet clients’ objectives and expectations.
- Delivering projects in various risk management areas and adding value to new and existing clients.
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME), advising and supporting our financial services clients with regard to risk management and regulatory compliance.
- Participating actively in conferences and other events to support business development initiatives and meet prospective clients.
- Managing/overseeing project teams, identifying development needs within the teams, and building competence through mentoring, coaching and knowledge transfer.
- A good University degree with a minimum of second class upper division.
- Completed Master’s degree, preferably in Econometrics, Mathematics or other quantitative areas of study.
- A recognised professional certification such as FRM/PRM/CFA will be an added advantage.
- 5 to 7 years relevant work experience in the field of financial risk management in a banking industry or risk consulting environment.
- You should have an appreciable content knowledge of ALM, market, credit and liquidity risk management.
- Good knowledge of Basel II/III & Solvency II derived principally from Basel II/Solvency II implementation project experience.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Pro-active and entrepreneurial spirit, in combination with strong team work ethics.
- Ability to build strong, long-term relationships with key client contacts across lines of service and leverage the PwC network.
- Ability to develop people through effective mentoring and coaching of team members.
- A good team player.