Merck is known as MSD outside of the United States and Canada
· Responsible for financial reporting and evaluation activities in support of a Joint Venture Operations.
· Provides financial support Finance Director and interfaces on a regular basis with the Team and Finance teams across Emerging markets.
· Responsible for
o developing budgets and forecasts
o monthly close
o Reviewing and validating invoices received from partners and 3rd parties to ensure approval by Board, accuracy of charges and compliance with accounting policies.
o Support external and corporate audit to ensure smooth completion of audits
o Develop policies and procedures for finance and operations areas to allow for effective governance and compliance with approval requirements
o tracking information from accounting records and systems, including JDE and SAP
o preparing recurring reports on financial performance including working with finance teams across emerging markets to develop accurate reporting of profitability and true ups
o explaining budget variances
· Serves as financial advisor to assigned areas. Must also have ability to interpret supplier contracts and perform complex financial calculations and true-ups and work in financial and MRPII systems.
Primary activities include, but are not limited to:
· Reports to Finance Director and receives broad guidance for recurring, standardized functions, and on special assignments, which require an in-depth understanding of accounting, financial analysis, financial controls, working knowledge of Company's financial practices, and familiarity with the underlying transaction flows of assigned areas.
· Prepares and coordinates monthly and other periodic reports in prescribed formats for assigned areas which highlight causes of significant financial variations or results requiring management review and actions.
· Executes monthly financial closing process, including creation of journal entries.
· Meets regularly with Directors/Managers of assigned areas to review actual results, estimated actual, and respond to questions concerning budgets, financial reports, and other financial analyses.
· Assembles Budget, Forecasts and LROP within established Divisional and Corporate Policies and Procedures. Prepares plan analyses to assist management in critique of the plans for their respective area. Provides supplementary data where required to develop and support financial conclusions. Analyzes impact of operating plan on JV product valuations.
· Prepares forecasts of area financial results from facts and assumptions provided by area Directors. This involves taking historical data and line management assumptions, preparing preliminary forecasts for their review, and providing appropriate comments and opinions.
· Complete financial analysis to evaluate profitability of products in markets by working closely with various market and JV team members to determine significant drivers of profitability and perform scenario analyses for decision support.
· Develops, pursues, and integrates Operational Excellence opportunities into financial business processes.
· Acts as a financial service resource to assigned areas in matters relating to control, documentation, and other similar matters, and liaison to Corporate financial areas.
- BS or BA in accounting, business administration or related field
- Minimum of five years combined experience in public or private industry accounting with 2 years prior experience in a similar position
- Sap experience is a plus
- Multinational experience
- Experience of developing budgets and forecasts