To build and execute strategies to meet Specialty sales goals for the Area. To drive Specialty sales performance, market share and optimal resource utilization. To develop effective and enduring professional business relationships with customers that support delivery of business results in a specific therapeutic area. To lead the implementation of robust action plans with complex customers including hospitals, institutions, local health authorities or private payers. To recruit, lead, motivate, coach and develop a high performing team of Specialty Representatives. To integrate and co-ordinate customer focused activities of other functions, e.g. KAM, Medical Liaison. To differentiate the Company as a leader in a specific therapeutic area. To represent the Company in the external environment.
- Applies Area strategies and drives the creation of business plans for assigned customers and own brands/products; leads execution of the business plans through a team of Specialty Representatives, and delivers the required financial results.
- Builds effective and enduring professional customer relationships; identifies and works closely with key customers in the area; where appropriate, establishes clinical forums, programs and alliances to support customers, prescribers, pharmacists, nursing personnel etc.
- Leads a high-performing team of Specialty Representatives; hires, trains and develops Specialty Representatives as necessary; inspires Specialty Representatives to meet and exceed sales objectives. Provides frequent and consistent coaching and feedback for Specialty Representatives, supported by a coaching model.
- Maps and assesses overall team coaching and performance, coordinating all coaching efforts and creating a plan to be discussed in business reviews.
- Develops individual plans with Specialty Representatives, using a coaching tool to capture notes from coaching time spent with Specialty Representatives.
- Leads and coaches Specialty Representatives in the proper and most effective use of new technologies and channels.
- Manages and optimizes effective allocation of resources to deliver required business results.
- Works effectively with Key Accounts, Key Account Managers (KAMs) and with field based Sales teams within General Medicines to achieve business results.
- Provides expert specialty insight into the local healthcare systems and their likely impact on customers.
- Develops in-depth understanding of the Area market environment and of customers and stakeholders; communicates customer insights to internal stakeholders and supports development of new business strategies for specialty brands/products; identifies top business opportunities or gaps through analysis of available reports.
- Ensure that Specialty Representatives possess and apply required disease state and specialty product knowledge in specific therapeutic areas to improve professional customer relationships and achieve sales goals.
- Serve as a communication bridge from Senior Management to Specialty Representatives.
- Supports training and professional development of Specialty Representatives.
- Support Sales training programs and other capability development initiatives as appropriate.