Assists the captain by monitoring the flight instruments, handling radio communications, watching for air traffic, and taking over the flight controls when directed by the captain.
For the position of First Officer (prior to joining):
- A minimum of 4000 hours total flying time (may include 25% P3 or FEO time to a max of 500 hr).
- A minimum of 2000 hours multi-crew, multi-engine jet aircraft. (P3 time cannot be used for this requirement).
- A minimum of 2500 hours total flying time on a modern commercial multi-engine, multi-crew aircraft jet. (P3 time cannot be used for this requirement)
- Must hold a valid ICAO ATPL
- English language fluency (written and verbal comprehension); ICAO English level (4 or above)
- Type rated would be advantageous