- Key custodian of all physical assets from acquisition to disposal.
- The role is responsible for recording the cost of all newly acquired fixed (and moveable) assets, maintaining records of these assets, ensuring that throughout their lifecycle, they are properly capitalised, maintained, utilised and disposed off appropriately.
- Develop an organisational philosophy for the management and accounting for fixed assets
- Develop and implement fixed asset accounting management system
- Develop a numbering, cataloguing system for identifying, classifying and recording fixed assets.
- Ensure all fixed assets are properly classified, categorised and recorded in the SAP system
- Create and manage a control and monitoring system that line managers can deploy to comply with the organisational standards
- Track fixed asset costs on project profitability
- Develop and implement an annual asset verification and audit plan
- Conduct periodic audits, spot checks and physical verification and counting to ensure compliance with fixed asset accounting rules.
- Manage an active depreciation schedule to assure the book value of the asset is constantly updated and appropriate taxes applied and paid
- Conduct periodic disposal of fixed assets in line with corporate finance/accounting rules
- Liaise with end users to ensure the licensing (where required) and routine maintenance schedule and plan are integrated into SAP, and are being strictly adhered to.
- Prepare periodic fixed asset updates to Management and the Leadership team.
- Liaise with Line Managers to ensure asset written-off are properly disposed off and impact remediated
- Provide a fixed asset utility report with recommendations to management on (remainder) asset life, maintenance and replacement costs etc.
- Track warranties on all assets, ensuring these are executed appropriately and warehouse all other relevant items, such as operating manuals, spare keys, etc. providing access as required.
- Provide general advice to the organisation on fixed asset management.
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in a technical discipline, business or accounting.
- Must have at least 8 years work experience in a similar industry.
- Must possess good knowledge of asset categorisation/ classification and experience planning and executing audits.