The Dangote Group is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate with interests across a range of sectors in Nigeria and Africa. Current interests include Cement, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Beverages, Poly Products, Transportation and real estate with new initiatives in the Oil and Gas, Telecommunication, Fertilizer and Steel sector of the economy.
The Group requires the services of exceptional and highly motivated professionals to fill the vacant position:
Successful candidates will assume responsibility for the planning, scheduling, maintenance and management of 50 trucks and drivers to achieve seamless operations in the transportation department of a plant
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing the operations and maintenance of the company’s fleet as assigned
- Developing and implementing fleet preventive maintenance programs
- Monitoring and tracking of trucks from the day of dispatch to destination of delivery and return to base
- Ensuring truck drivers adhere to schedule and route destination of trucks on the highway.
- Ensuring strict compliance and enforcement of existing company policies and procedures.
- Planning of daily activities of transport operations and ensuring safe delivery of goods
- Managing the fleet department’s budget, preparing short and long term plans for the fleet including, routing and scheduling.
- Develop and analyze productivity and operational reports.
- Identify and coordinate training needs for the drivers
- Overseeing Company’s compliance and reporting as it relates to the fleet
- Ensure that Truck drivers adhere to company regulations and freight transportation laws
- Performing related duties as required
- Oversee the tracking of the Plant’s fleet and generation of relevant reports as required.
- Supervise fleet scheduling and planning activities to ensure timely delivery of fast consumer goods to depots/customers within Nigeria and Africa.
Additional Qualifications and Experience
- A first degree in Engineering from a recognized University or polytechnic is required
- A master's degree / MBA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 7-10 year’s experience with 3 years cognate experience in this role
- Project Management certification will be an added advantage
- Ability to direct and evaluate drivers in the accomplishment of goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities and workload
- Proven time management and administrative skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
The expected remuneration will be highly competitive