Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Description of jobs:
- Manage a fleet of trucks and earth moving equipment (graders, pay loaders, bulldozers, dump trucks, tow beds), as a Strategic Business Unit (SBU), with primary responsibility for revenue turnover and profit.
- Provide leadership and team spirit for the Haulage Unit as an SBU.
- Liaise with the police and other transport road management authorities where necessary.
- Deploy a state of the art truck tracking software (device) to monitor movement of fleet at all times.
- Develop and implement safety procedures/policies to global standards.
- Work closely with the workshop, collate, analyze and report on the status of each truck in the fleet.
- Prepare cost analysis and periodic management/operational reports.
- Gain insight into the method used by key industry players which give them a competitive edge.
- Generate and create new business opportunities.
- Regularly communicating with CEO regarding status of deliveries.
The successful candidate will report to the CEO and be responsible for the daily operations and supervision of a large fleet of tankers deployed for the evacuation of petroleum products from depots to end users, so as to contribute to achieving the company’s strategy, growth and profit objectives.
Qualification and Experience:
- To be considered for this position, a candidate must have a minimum of OND or a good first degree or HND in Transport Planning and Management or Engineering related disciplines, from a reputable University or Polytechnic.
- Minimum of 1-3 years cognate experience in the management and maintenance of petroleum tanker trucks, 3 of which must be at management level.
- Must have a thorough understanding of Mack vision brand of trucks.
- Have a firm knowledge of the current road networks, conditions, and distances across Nigeria.
- Should be familiar with the bridging of petroleum products, the intricacies of the Petroleum Equalization Fund (PEF) Administration and its documentation.
- Should have verifiable evidence of having successfully run a fleet for at least 5 years. Membership of the Chartered Institute of Transport & Logistics CITL) would be an added advantage. Interested candidate Should forwad their cv to firstname.lastname@example.org