Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
A Flight attendant/Air hostess provides personal services to ensure the safety, security, and comfort of airline passengers during flight. She assists the passengers and provide them the best facility and provide public safety and to monitor and guide the passenger for their safety and fulfill their demands. She also greets passengers, verify tickets, explain use of safety equipment, and serve food or beverages
Direct and assist passengers in emergency procedures, such as evacuating a plane following an emergency landing.
• Announce and demonstrate safety and emergency procedures, such as the use of oxygen masks, seat belts, and life jackets.
• Walk aisles of planes to verify that passengers have complied with federal regulations prior to takeoffs and landings.
• Verify that first aid kits and other emergency equipment, including fire extinguishers and oxygen bottles, are in working order.
• Administer first aid to passengers in distress.
• Attend pre-flight briefings concerning weather, altitudes, routes, emergency procedures, crew coordination, lengths of flights, food and beverage services offered, and numbers of passengers.
• Prepare passengers and aircraft for landing, following procedures.
• Determine special assistance needs of passengers such as small children, the elderly, or disabled persons.
• Check to ensure that food, beverages, blankets, reading material, emergency equipment, and other supplies are aboard and are in adequate supply.
• Inspect passenger tickets to verify information and to obtain destination information.
• Assist passengers entering or disembarking the aircraft.
• Answer passengers' questions about flights, aircraft, weather, travel routes and services, arrival times, or schedules.
• Inspect and clean cabins, checking for any problems and making sure that cabins are in order among others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Should know how to swim.
• Should have good eyesight.
• Must possess good command on English, and preferably one other language in case of international responsibilities.
• Air hostess should be Punctual and should be dedicated toward their job.
• Should have the skill, how to work in a team
• Air hostess should have calm and polite nature.
• She should be physically fit.
• Must be able to pitch her voice audibly and clearly for passengers to be able to hear and understand.
• Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation.
• She should have flexible nature because of the working hour.
Education, Experience and Credential(s)
• Minimum of HND public relations, business, social science, or communications, but preferably a degree in Hospitality and Tourism, public relations, business, social science, or communications.
• Certificate of training as a flight attendant/air hostess and customer service gives added advantage.
• A valid international passport is required
• Must be between 18 - 30 years.