Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
The main duty of a flight attendant is maintaining a safe and secure flight while keeping passengers at ease. Before takeoff, flight attendants ensure the plane is equipped with emergency gear, first-aid kits and enough food and drink for all the passengers. They also greet passengers, take tickets, ensure seat belts are fastened and drill passengers in emergency procedures. If an emergency does occur, flight attendants may direct the evacuation and provide first-aid to the injured.
Flight attendants provide personal services to ensure the safety and comfort of airline passengers.
Flight attendants typically do the following:
- Attend preflight briefings on details of the flight
- Ensure that adequate supplies of refreshments and emergency equipment are on board
- Assist in cleaning the cabin between flights
- Demonstrate the use of safety and emergency equipment
- Ensure all passengers have seatbelts fastened and ensure other safety requirements are met
- Serve, and sometimes sell, beverages, meals, or snacks
- Take care of passengers’ needs, particularly those with special needs
- Reassure passengers during flight, such as when the aircraft hits turbulence
- Administer first aid to passengers or coordinate first aid efforts, when needed
- Direct passengers in case of emergency
Interested applicants should have a minimum of BSc and any other qualification will be an added advantage.