- Coordinate and plan the implementation of NigeriaQual program activities including but not limited to NigeriaQual Performance Measurement (PM) exercises, CQI trainings, NigeriaQual task team meetings, supervisory and advocacy visits, national QI forums etc.
- Review the analysis of NigeriaQual data reports per facility, Implementing Partner (IP) and state by evaluation area in such a manner as to make sense out of it useful for decision making for the improvement of the National HIV program.
- Be involved in training and educating facility, IP and State Ministry of Health (SMoH) officials on the NigeriaQual data collection methodologies, CQI principles, designing and implementing QI projects using the model for quality improvement and the PDSA cycle.
- Identify one quality gap that cuts across most states after each data collection cycle and support the development of a QI project around it that will be implemented by facilities all across the country in order to achieve more national improvement effects and impact.
- Work with IPs and states to ensure that quality gaps identified during the NigeriaQual PM exercise are utilized to inform QI activities both at facility and state levels.
- Work closely with the NigeriaQual software vendor and the FMOH NigeriaQual software support Engineer to identify upgrades essential to ensure that user experience at all levels are continually enhanced.
- Coordinate the periodic revisions of indicator definitions and the creation of new indicators that are considered necessary for inclusion in the NigeriaQual program by the task team e.g. when guidelines are revised.
- Keep all stakeholders up to date with NigeriaQual activities through routine communication and by regularly uploading any information on the NigeriaQual website.
- Update current NigeriaQual DCTs and evaluation methodologies as necessary or and coordinate the development of new DCTs whenever necessary to include new evaluation areas as considered relevant by the task team.
- Prepare quarterly, semi-annual and annual progress reports showcasing the accomplishments on the NigeriaQual program, which is shared with FMoH and the funding agency.
- Prepare other reports and presentations as required showcasing the plans and accomplishments of the NigeriaQual program which is to be shared with any specified audience as demanded by the FMOH or the funding agency.
- Prepare a joint work plan of activities to be carried out at the beginning of every year And which is reviewed at least twice in a year.
- Understand and ensure the existing standards relating to data collection and use, are complied with in the implementation of the NigeriaQual program.
- Collate and prepare quarterly reports on QI performance findings and projects that have made significant improvement on specific NigeriaQual indicators to be shared on the NigeriaQual website
- Collate bi-annual and annual data reports on the NigeriaQual performance measurement exercises to be shared on the NigeriaQual website or disseminated at other appropriate forums.
- Support the preparation of abstracts and manuscripts from NigeriaQual data to be presented at conferences and meetings where needed.
- Manage access to all NigeriaQual related reports for whatever purpose and also manage access to NigeriaQual data to ensure that proper procedures are followed especially for research purposes.
- Share data with IPs, states, federal agencies and other stakeholders after due approval from the relevant government officer (s).Foster relationships with other state agencies that have interest in NigeriaQual data
- Participate in national meetings (i.e. task team meetings) and state meetings (i.e. states QI committee meetings and State QI forums) on performance data generation and use.
- Ability to work under pressure with stringent timelines
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- History and demonstration of adequate knowledge and competencies in the areas of similar tasks as stated above.
- Ability to work closely with FMoH and SMoH officials
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders including donors and implementing partners.
- Understand the basic principles and practices of data management
- Excellent public relations skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Project Management (PMP) and Contract Management.
- Good reporting and analytics competencies (content knowledge).
Required Education and Experience
Minimum of a Bachelor degree in a health-related field with all the above listed skill competencies, and at least 5 years' experience in Public Health programs.
Minimum of a Bachelor degree in a health-related field and a Master's degree in Epidemiology, Statistics or Public Health and at least three years' experience in Public Health programs.