- To support implementation of FSL component of project.
- Support field level technical assessments in coordination with the FSL response lead and other SC thematic areas and/or other external sector agencies, ensuring assessment findings are documented and that all assessments include a specific analysis of children’s needs.
- With support from the Head of FSL and/or other senior programme staff, develop project plans and budgets, contributing towards an overall project implementation.
- With support from the Head of FSL and/or other senior programme staff, support with inputs in development of high quality concept notes and proposals.
- With the support of Head of FSL, support project implementation to ensure timely delivery of project activities (for example, monitoring against log frames, individual performance management work plans).
- Working closely with the Head of FSL and/or other senior programme staff, support timely programme and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal SC requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Working closely with the Field Manager and the Head of FSL and/or other senior programme staff, with the HR team, help in the identification and recruitment of community mobilisers and/or project volunteers
- With support from the Head of FSL and/or other senior programme staff, identify programme supplies needs and coordinate with the logistics team to put in place a sensible phased procurement plan.
- With support from the Monitoring & Evaluation team support the M & E plan implementation within the FSL projects, ensuring this links to reporting requirements, and capacity build technical field staff in carrying out the work.
- With support from the Accountability Lead ensure accountability is enforced in all project activities as well as ensuring that feedback from children and their families is considered in project design/implementation
- Work closely with partners and their staff to ensure project activities are implemented in time and within the stipulated quality.
- To ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for partner staff and communicate this to the Field manager or Head of FSL Adviser.
Representation & Advocacy & Organisational Learning:
- Ensure that Save the Children's work is coordinated with efforts of other agencies and Government, and support Interagency Coordination forums, advocating for the specific needs of children. This may involve supporting coordination working groups within the IDP camps and host communities or target project sites.
- Contribute to communications and media work as required through correction of data and information and sharing with the project heads
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
- Substantial experience of working in FSL in NE Nigeria
- Education to BSc/BA level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- Previous experience of project management and implementation
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation
- Experience of training and capacity building staff
- Some experience of representation and ability to represent SC effectively in external forums.
- Knowledge of institutional donors and experience of developing proposals
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent communication and strong influencing skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Knowledge of EMMA and market analysis tools
- Familiarity with FSL and nutrition surveys
- Experience in gender mainstreaming within FSL programming.