You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
Being the focal point in providing technical support and recommendations on program development at all stages of the project cycle to Food Security and Livelihood team members; in designing, monitoring, and reporting program activities; and in representing ACF Food Security and Livelihood department during working group meetings.
Key activities in your role will include:
- Develop national Food Security and Livelihood programming and co-ordinate its effective implementation nationally.
- Develop technical reports (internal and external) and proposals reflective of government, organization and donor guidelines, ensuring timely submission to line management.
- Oversee the quality of the need assessment and technical assessment.
- Provide technical leadership in the area of FSL Support development and capaity building of FSL team.
- Representing ACF externally in both the Humanitarian Community and with Government officials as well as developing strong links with FSL and NGO actors. Actively participate in FSL meetings and other Government/UN forums.
Do you meet the profile required criteria ?
You’re a seasoned Food Security and Livelihood professional
- Masters of Arts or Science/Bac+5/6 (or higher) in International Development, Humanitarian Assistance, Rural Development, Geography, Food and Nutrition Policy, Economics or related; or in Livestock, Veterinary, Agronomy or Agricultural studies. Similar Bachelor’s degrees profiles to be considered with two additional years of work experience.
- Minimum 4 years work experience in humanitarian or development contexts, with at least 2 year of FSL project management or coordination including team management.
You’re a super communicator:
- You have led teams where you need to coach others to adapt their communication style to suit colleagues from other cultures & professions. You are able to adjust your own style to represent ACF appropriately with a range of national counterparts.
- You intuitively adapt how you communicate context analysis, strategy, policies & procedures to suit different audiences - both verbally & in writing.
- You are diplomatic & able to help colleagues handle difficult situations.
- You are able to consolidate & polish contributions from a large team to ensure reports are comprehensive & coherent. You identify & support how junior staff can improve their reporting skills.
Your work style builds trust within your team:
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You are calm under pressure, & able to easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You identify training needs and work with the HR dept to develop and implement relevant trainings.
- You are goal-oriented while also being genuinely committed to helping others succeed.