- To ensure end to end processing of FCY Cheques For Collection, Cheque Purchase and Inward Collection; adhering to all policies and procedures and maintaining quality service.
- Process all foreign cheques received in line with the payment guidelines, ensuring compliance with operational procedures and regulatory controls.
- To ensure that all applicable pre-processing checks; signature verification, funds sufficiency checks, , AML and sanctions checks for inward collection, alteration properly signed off, irregularity checks under UV light, etc. are confirmed before processing of foreign cheques received.
- To ensure call-back verifications are performed before processing all foreign cheque transactions which fall within the established threshold limits in-country.
- Ensure that all foreign cheques received from branches are checked for apparent irregularities and processed appropriately within prescribed timeline per DOI
- Daily review of FCY purchased accounts and timely follow-up with branches for debit posting to the account after 24hrs for which the instruments have not been received.
- Ensure all transactions are processed within agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Daily review of all open items on Nostro for credit relating to foreign cheques sent for collection and to ensure timely realization of such credits.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through Operational Efficiency and Service Delivery.
- Ensure weekly reports for reconciliation of cheques not realized report on EBBS and investigation of outstanding items on cheque purchase suspense account are prepared for review and sign-off by the manager.
- Process stop draft requests in line with CMO guidelines, ensuring compliance with operational procedures and regulatory controls.
- Weekly review of daily CP and OBC register for any delayed receipt of cheque proceed and ensure tracers are sent to drawers’ banks for such delayed proceeds of cheques sent for collection over 21days.
- To receive and collate all inward messages received from other Banks, review with the International Payments Manager ensuring response to all messages.
- Investigate and respond to all complaints relating to foreign cheques and ensure quick resolution of such issues.