· The ideal candidate review result for potential fraudulent transaction and manage calls on fraud issues from operational departments, investigating leads from internal and external sources with proper follow-up and documentation.
· Complete information requests and fraud tasks for assigned cases and provide superior customer service to internal and external customers.
· Be responsible for making recommendations on how processes can be improved and policies modified.
· Where appropriate, prepare case papers in accordance with Government Guidelines and Codes of Practice, to a suitable standard for submission for prosecution.
Maintain confidentiality and discretion in carrying out all the duties of the post.
· Assist in the induction and training of staff in the prevention of fraud and abuses of the system,
· Deal promptly with complaints other notifications relating to investigations.
· Plan and undertake investigations into allegations of fraud and corruption of varying nature and complexity
· Reduce fraud and corruption losses by efficiently and effectively investigating, preventing, detecting, analyzing, reporting and recovering losses.
· Identify and utilize appropriate investigative techniques and technologies to achieve maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
· Conduct formal tape-recorded interviews with suspects and witnesses in accordance with current legislation and Codes of Practice.
· Where required and duly authorized, assist the police in the search of premises and questioning of suspects, including interviewing suspects at police stations.
· Maintain quality and efficiency standards in accordance with policy, procedure and applicable Codes of Conduct.
· Maintain to a high standard for record of each and investigation, and produce appropriate, timely reports to the Head of Fraud, Management unit and relevant Manager or Directors, as appropriate.
· Strong computer literacy and knowledge of computer software (MS Office)
· Analytical abilities
· Ability to work independently and without direction to take initiative, and make decisions
· Must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines
· BSc from any reputable university
· Candidate must have an excellent understanding of Internet browsing, and experience shopping on the internet.
· Professional demeanor in dealing with internal and external customers via phone and email is essential
· Two years post degree experience is required.