Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Freight forwarders play a vital role in the movement of goods from one place to another. These guys act as essential go-betweens in the import/export process and provide assistance to individuals, commercial organisations, importers and exporters who need help facilitating their international trading operations.
While the movement of goods for individual customers is usually managed by postal and courier services, ‘freight forwarding’ commonly refers to the bulk movement of goods, also referred to as cargo or freight.
1) Review the environmental records of freight carriers to inform shipping decisions.
2) Calculate weight, volume, or cost of goods to be moved.
3) Recommend shipping solutions to minimize cost or environmental impacts.
4) Select shipment routes, based on nature of goods shipped, transit times, or security needs.
5) Determine efficient and cost-effective methods of moving goods from one location to another.
Minimum of OND,with three years working experience