• buying and sourcing of produce and arranging logistics
• negotiating prices and trading terms with farmers/suppliers
• importing fresh produce (via sea/airfreight)
• costing of the produce and setting of selling prices
• product management, including ensuring high quality
• driving sales through Shoprite and wholesales
• regular farm/opposition and market visits.
Essential to fuilling this role, is a relevant university degree and previous trading experience, as well as:
• computer literacy· good English communication and interpersonal skills at staff, management and supplier level
• Knowledge of fruit and vegetables and management experience in a packhouse environment will be advantageous.