Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Job Duties and Tasks for: "Teller"
1) Balance currency, coin, and checks in
cash drawers at ends of shifts, and calculate
daily transactions using computers,
calculators, or adding machines.
2) Cash checks and pay out money after
verifying that signatures are correct, that
written and numerical amounts agree, and
that accounts have sufficient funds.
3) Receive checks and cash for deposit,
verify amounts, and check accuracy of
4) Examine checks for endorsements and to
verify other information such as dates,
bank names, identification of the persons
receiving payments and the legality of the
5) Enter customers' transactions into computers in
order to record transactions and issue computer-
6) Count currency, coins, and checks received, by
hand or using currency-counting machine, in order to
prepare them for deposit or shipment to branch
banks or the Federal Reserve Bank.
7) Identify transaction mistakes when debits and
credits do not balance.
8) Prepare and verify cashier's checks.
9) Arrange monies received in cash boxes and coin
dispensers according to denomination
10) Process transactions such as term deposits,
retirement savings plan contributions, automated
teller transactions, night deposits, and mail deposits.
11) Receive mortgage, loan, or public utility bill
payments, verifying payment dates and amounts due.
12) Resolve problems or discrepancies concerning
13) Explain, promote, or sell products or services
such as travelers' checks, savings bonds, money
orders, and cashier's checks, using computerized
information about customers to tailor
14) Perform clerical tasks such as typing, filing, and
15) Monitor bank vaults to ensure cash balances are
NOTES;qualified candidates are to forward their cv to the hr through the email...email@example.com
STRICTLY FOR LAGOS RESIDENTS