- The Front Desk Officer is responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support in order to ensure that services are provided in an effective and efficient manner.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Re-direct calls as appropriate and take adequate messages when required
- Direct all visitors to the appropriate staff member or office
- Assist the communication manager to maintain programme/office calendar
- Assist in scheduling and arranging for meetings and conferences to include agenda, attendance and venue management.
- Assist in gathering a variety of presentation material for use in meetings, training sessions, or for publication.
- Maintain employee and department directories.
- Monitoring and reporting on office logbooks.
- Manage e-mail correspondences as necessary.
- Assist the Director Admin to maintain a filing system and file all correspondences
- Ensure that the reception area is kept neat and tidy so as to maintain the good image of the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Training Requirement
- HND/ Bachelor degree in Social Science and related disciplines. A Secretarial Certification will be an added advantage.
Prior Work Experience:
- At least 2 years’ post-NYSC experience in Administrative and Secretarial duties.
Knowledge and Skills:
- The applicant must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills in English;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Thorough understanding of monitoring visitors’ access
- Good knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Adept at giving accurate information to visitors and callers
- Detailed and organized
- Cheerful and courteous.