An exciting Project Manager position has been created within Caterpillars' Financial Shared Service Centre. Based in Belfast this is an excellent opportunity to play a key role both in transforming Caterpillars financial processes to Global Best In Class and in an SAP implementation for a Global Blue Chip company within a demanding and growing environment.
Caterpillar is on a journey to simplify and transform its end-to-end processes to achieve Globally consistent best practices across all business units. This position supports the finance team by providing specific and clear direction and guidance on end-to-end process transformation to EAME based business units.
The incumbent will lead various projects that will help transform Caterpillars financial processes to Global best practice. These processes will eventually be run in an integrated ERP environment using SAP as the platform The primary responsibility of the incumbent is to Identify, initiate, plan and lead / manage all aspects of identified / assigned process transformation projects, encompassing:
· Process quality measurement (establishing metrics).
· Root cause identification of process breakdown.
· Process transformation project planning & resourcing.
· Process training.
· Process testing.
· Process Implementation/Conversion.
· Process performance monitoring.
· Arranging stakeholder meetings as required to monitor and report against critical milestones and deliverables.
· Lead each project team, ensuring accountability for assigned actions, creation of workflows, presentations, diagrams and information as required.
· Participate (which may include travel) with other global and regional process transformation teams as appropriate to meet business objectives.
· Issue regular project communications and consolidated information. Manage communications across the project stream, with all interested parties.
· Act as a focal point for any queries, issues, and interdependencies.
· Manage the post-implementation review process.
· Outstanding teamwork is critical to this role.
• Degree level of education in addition to a minimum of 3 years relevant professional experience e.g. Finance,
• Candidates without a qualification, must demonstrate significantly more relevant experience.
· Experience of Project Management whilst working in an accounting or finance team preferably within a manufacturing, FMCG or shared services environment.
· Significant experience working with financial systems and processes.
· Strong working knowledge of systems of Internal Control within a financial capacity
· Willingness to travel 5-10%.
· Recognized accountancy qualification.
· Fluency in another European Language. English essential, French or German desirable.
· 6 Sigma experience.
· Experience of Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
· Experience training others in a formal classroom setting.