GBS - Support Architect
Global GBS Mission Statement
Global Business Support (GBS) provides technical leadership for Premier customers around the globe, providing world class reactive and proactive support delivered via remote, onsite and dedicated services.
Recently formed from the amalgamation of Premier Field Engineering (PFE) and Commercial Technical Support (CTS), GBS is a global organization consisting of ~6000 engineers and support consultants.
As part of Customer Service and Support (CSS), GBS partners with Premier and Enterprise Services to deliver a “One Services” experience to our customers.
What is a GBS Support Architect?
The GBS Support Architect role is a dedicated resource responsible for supporting and driving the growth of the Premier and GBS businesses through an increased uptake of proactive services.
Aligned to a the UK business, the role is key to landing strategic GBS initiatives in the field whilst maintaining a strong focus on the UK marketplace and driving value for our customers through effective consumption of their Premier agreement.
The GBS Support Architect will partner directly with key Premier, Services and Services Sales stakeholders to plan, own and execute tactical plans to drive business growth, based on the UK, EMEA and WW strategic initiatives as well as coordinating groups of engineers (where relevant) to deliver against these plans.
The Support Architect undertakes a variety of activities and responsibilities that can be categorized into the following;
GBS Presales Support - Delivering our value proposition, supporting the sales cycle
Business Development - Partnering with Premier, targeting customer growth opportunities
Service Innovation - Growing our capability, driving efficiency
Strategic Execution - Landing GBS strategic services and initiatives in the field
Below are a number of typical deliverables for the GBS Support Architect role;
- Engaging in customer facing pre-sales activities to ensure engagements are effectively positioned and scoped (Pre-sales Support)
- Design prescriptive "Support Solutions" for complex Premier customers, relevant services to the customer's needs (Pre-sales Support).
- Improving the awareness and readiness of GBS proactive support capabilities within the Premier and Services sales force (Pre-sales Support).
- Engaging in the Premier presales/renewal/upsell cycle to effectively position Premier proactive services (Business Development).
- Partner with Premier to identify growth opportunities with the Area customer base (Business Development).
- Create relevant tactical approaches for positioning services and increasing penetration for these customer profiles (Business Development).
- Ensure the value of GBS’s proactive services can be successfully articulated by Premier TAMs and the Services Sales teams (Business Development).
- Identifying areas in the marketplace where the GBS portfolio struggles to add maximum value (Service Innovation).
- Create, define and package new services to fit the needs of the Area marketplace (Service Innovation).
- Improve existing services to fit the needs of the Area marketplace (Service Innovation).
- Create innovative methods of delivering existing services to fit the needs of the Area marketplace (Service Innovation).
- Work closely with the GBS EMEA Chief Technical Advisor to understand the Global/Regional GBS strategy (Strategy Execution).
- Create tactical plans to execute this strategy for their Area (Strategy Execution).
- Landing new GBS services in the field, eg RAP as a Service (Strategy Execution).
- Provide Area representation and aid the landing of strategic GBS initiatives for their Area (Strategy Execution).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have the following skills;
Experience of the enterprise customer arena
Excellent face-to-face customer engagement skills
Excellent written, oral and presentation skills that target all audience levels
The ability to provide both thought and business leadership within the GBS and Services groups
Detailed insight into the Global Business Support business (or the ability to ramp up quickly)
The ability to Influence without Authority
Knowledge of the Microsoft Services business, it’s component groups and their role, remit and capabilities (or the ability to ramp up quickly)
A strong background in at least one area of enterprise scale Microsoft technology and a general knowledge of the Microsoft product set
Project leadership, management and coordination skills
Good understanding of ITIL/Service Management
Degree qualification or equivalent experience
Special Requirements/Additional Information
The Support Architect role may require regular national and international travel
Valid passport and driving license will be required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity