As a leader in the energy consulting sector, Reservoir Development Services (RDS) offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Reservoir Development Services is an international consultancy group focused on providing integrated technical and managerial services to all sectors of the oil and gas industry. Over the years, RDS has provided detailed advice resulting in commercially viable and practical results designed to meet our client's specific requirements. In addition to reservoir engineering, RDS advises a wide group of clients in exploration, reservoir evaluation, field development, drilling and production projects throughout the world. The focus of our new office in Lagos is on Collaboration projects with Baker Hughes Nigeria Geomarket. The aim is to provide Integrated Services to local players, Indigenous Companies (IC’s) and small IOC’s. Given the start-up nature of this office, and the evolving needs of RDS and the greater Baker Hughes, the prime requirement for the job is to be strategically aware and flexible to address priorities as they crystallize and become defined. Reports to: Regional Director
1. Set up a new collaboration office in Lagos: · The assignment is to establish a permanent RDS Collaboration presence in Lagos, Nigeria focused on providing “Integrated Solutions” to BHI clients in Nigeria. Integrated Solutions are when RDS’s subsurface and commercial experience is combined with BHI Geomarket’s products and services to offer a “one stop shop” to our clients. Thus, the Ops Manager needs to focus on defining the ‘appraisal/development/rejuvenation’ concepts and is responsible for delivering the proposals for Integrated Solutions to clients in Nigeria · Focus on business development, getting new Integrated Solutions projects alongside Baker Hughes Geomarket, respond to tenders and create proposals · Recruit, mentor, train and build an effective RDS team in Lagos · Manage the overall office, budget and project expenditures · Ensure that all the team members adhere to Baker Hughes ethical codes. Ensure that a safe working environment is provided for RDS personnel 2. Liaise with Nigeria Geomarket and manage the relationship with Baker Hughes product lines: · Given the start-up nature of this office, and the evolving needs of RDS and the Geomarket/Region, the prime requirement for the job is to be strategically aware and flexible to address priorities as they crystallize and are defined · Work closely with the Geomarket to set business objectives and targets for the RDS team and ensure alignment with the Geomarket’s objectives 3. Manage the relations with the wider oil and gas industry in Nigeria, with emphasis on Indigenous Companies and small IOCs. Increase face to face client meetings and co-ordinate high quality engagements with clients. If required, mobilise other contributors from RDS and Baker Hughes Product Lines to improve the discussions and presentations. Support the overall RDS business in Nigeria, which may include supporting the advisory activities
- A proven track record in the upstream oil and gas industry, with noteworthy exposure to the Nigerian upstream industry is required
- First degree in Engineering or Geosciences as well as a relevant Masters degree is required.
- Experience in development, production and rejuvenations/EOR operations is desired. Exposure to exploration and appraisal projects is an additional bonus.
- Must be entrepreneurial with a track record of attracting and increasing business (business development is the key focus of this office).
- Prior experience of working for Operating Companies is a must, ideally in Nigeria. Experience as a consultant or work experience in a Service Company is a plus
- Willingness to be based in Nigeria. Familiarity with the work culture and environment in Nigeria is a plus
- Knowledge of contract management and the tendering process is a requirement - Proven experience in organisational effectiveness, project management and operations management is required. Must be able to peer review work carried out by junior staff - A proven track record in managing integrated teams alongside professionals from other disciplines with a solid understanding of other discipline functions is needed - Reservoir and production management experience in onshore fields is a must. Experience of offshore operations is a plus - Familiarity with project economic analysis as well as exposure to commercial aspects of the upstream industry is desired - Prior experience of managing a remote office as well as P&L responsibilities is a requirement - Ability to recruit a team and to mentor junior members is expected