International Medical Corps – Nigeria is seeking suitably qualified NIGERIA NATIONALS to fill the following positions which is dependent upon availability of funds.
The Gender and conflict Mitigation Specialist would be responsible for building the capacity of women-focused/youth-focused community based organizations (CBOs) through training and small grants supporting promising local leaders and creating collaborative networks that bridge religious anti political divides.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Ensure high-quality programming through technical guidance and support that is grounded in best practices in women empowerment and conflict mitigation.
- Contribute to the implementation of the program training, technical assistance and grant-making activities as they relate to gender, youth and conflict mitigation:
- Planning responsibilities, including assisting the Project Director in the production of annual work-plans, operating budgets etc
- Build strong working relationships with relevant government entities and women/youth-focused CBOs.
- Ensure attention to youth, gender and social exclusion issues in all aspects of the program.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience managing and coordinating conflict mitigation/management programs in developing country contexts.
- Previous experience as a Gender and Conflict Mitigation Specialist or similar role,
- Experience developing and implementation monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Comprehensive experience in approaches to governmental and private sector development.
- Degree in Gender Peace and Conflict Resolution, International Development
- Exceptional knowledge of relevant USAID and federal regulations and policies.
- Knowledge and organizational management experience in post-conflict countries preferred.
- Excellent communication skills required to explain complex processes to a diverse group of stakeholders.