- Dynamic and challenging environment
- Market Leader – International Development
- Opportunity to work with one of DFID’s flagship Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) projects
Propcom Mai-Karfi is a six year programme which aims to ‘Increase incomes for the poor through enhanced employment opportunities in Northern Nigeria”. The purpose is ‘Increased employment and improved productivity in selected agricultural market systems in Northern Nigeria’.
We are currently hiring a long term Gender specialist to lead the development of the gender strategy and framework on Propcom Mai-karfi. In this role you will:
- Integrate gender within its market diagnostics, interventions and monitoring systems, setting standards for Propcom Mai-karfi practice and providing guidance to Intervention Manager on how to meet them;
- Provide gender-related inputs to intervention plans for work in existing markets, to the selection of new markets and to the design of interventions in these new markets;
- Support the staff to develop their gender analysis capacities through specific formal training and on the job mentoring in the field or office;
- Represent Propcom Mai-karfi’s gender-related work to external audiences, such as DFID and the wider M4P community;
- Work with the project communications staff to develop materials that promote Propcom Mai-karfi’s gender-related interventions and that disseminate its learning.
You will demonstrate:
- An advanced degree (masters or doctoral) in the field of social sciences, agricultural sciences, food security or a related field of study or an equivalent combination of studies and experience;
- 10 years’ experience in livelihoods and economic development for women in Northern Nigeria;
- Expertise in gender mainstreaming in Northern Nigeria;
- Ability to handle working in an M4P project where things are changing all the time and activities not scheduled far in advance;
- Being a ‘doer’ and ‘innovator’ with the ability to get things going on the ground;
- Strong analytical and influencing skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hausa.
Nigerian Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.