- The General Field Engineer, reporting to the Field Services Manager, is chartered with the successful delivery of GE Oil & Gas products and services to our customers, covering a wide range of Open and Cased Hole Wireline tools and products, with a strong focus on the Mechanical Interventions Product Line.
- Providing field support, field service delivery and customer training of products and resources to both our external and internal customers, field operations, based mainly in Nigeria.
- Executing Engineer in Charge duties to support the efficient running of the team
- Assisting the Training Manager and Field Services Manager in the delivery and support of customer training, materials, and training courses involving the OH/CH Wireline product line
- Provide Field support to the relevant Product line managers relating to bringing NPI/NTI (New Product Innovation/New Technology Innovation) to market.
- Supporting the Sales Team with demonstrations of Sondex Equipment and occasional customer meetings
- Assisting in providing customer technical and operational feedback with close interaction with technical services arising from customer interaction and support.
- Support and promotion of the best practices involved in the processes and requirements of GE’s policies and procedures, especially in regard to the guidelines in Environment, Health and safety (EHS) and GE’s core values.
- Minimum 5 years Open/Cased Hole Logging Experience including Production Logging and Well Integrity Evaluation with proven success in the Wireline field operations.
- Familiarity with Sondex Wireline products
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college or equivalent Industrial Experience
- Capability to interpret technical information in order to assemble, operate and maintain complex mechanical systems
- Able to travel to customer well site locations at short notice, work under pressure and willingness to work in varying conditions.
- Team worker ability to work in team to achieve shared goals.
- Results focused ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritize workload.
- Software Skills: Competent in the use of the Microsoft Office range of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Full valid Driving License
- Ability to work and travel in Nigeria
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Remote Operations experience; proficient in troubleshooting and resolving problems, and feeding back potential solutions.
- Experience of managing a small wireline base
- Experience of maintaining/servicing wireline tools within a lab environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills, along with clear thinking, process orientated, tenacious individual.