The General Knowledge Teacher will be charged with the responsibility of creating a classroom environment that develops in each student an awareness of his/her civic roles and responsibilities as well as the use of expertise and knowledge to teach students on key areas of Citizenship and Government. The incumbent shall use textbooks, multimedia aids, lectures and tests to help students learn and apply information. He/She will work in a manner that fully reflects the developmental philosophy of the American University of Nigeria, Yola.
- A B.Ed from a recognized tertiary institution in a relevant field
- Three (3) to five (5) years teaching experience.
- Possess high level interpersonal communication skills.
- Use of instructional technology for teaching and learning.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Employees are expected to be courteous to colleagues and provide a welcoming environment to visitors and telephone callers.
Description of Benefits:
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.