We are representing an independent Oil and Gas Exploration and Production (E&P) company with various producing assets across Nigeria, and who are seeking to identify an experienced professional for the role of General Manager – Assets.
The General Manager - Assets must have a good knowledge of operational and technical practices in an E&P company with an in-depth knowledge of drilling engineering & operations, reservoir performance analysis, optimisation of field production, development planning, economic evaluation & production forecasting. The candidate must be able to lead and manage multiple concurrent projects, work in a team environment and be able to effectively communicate within and outside the company.
- Develop business plans for all assets with the aim of maximising asset value in line with the company's corporate strategic objectives.
- Optimise the utilisation and capacity of existing facilities together with the development of new facilities (e.g. development drilling, development of nearby satellite opportunities and increasing production and reserves base).
- Analyse technical data and studies, including well tests, production performance, PLT, RFT, PVT data
- Technically interface with other functional units such as the:
- Drilling department on well drilling, completions and work-over operations
- Asset management teams that facilitate engineering
- Projects department on field development planning and infrastructural designs and installation
- Operationally and administratively interface with supply chain management & logistics, human resources and administration, security department(s), etc.
- Stakeholder management, including JV partners, government agencies, communities and other third party services.
Required Skills & Requirements
- Degree level essential - preferably in engineering or related degree.
- Minimum 15 years experience in oil/gas exploration and production companies in one or several of the following disciplines - Drilling, Production Technology, Reservoir Engineering, Facilities & Project Management.
- Strong leadership/management skills/people skills - proven experience of managing a diverse set of people skills at various levels essential.
- Strong financial acumen - experience in devising capital & operating budgets related to full field development plus upstream economics is essential.
- Strong commercial acumen - experience with technical/commercial tenders essential.
- Highly diplomatic with the ability to develop and maintain strong relations with JV partners and governmental officials at highest levels essential.
- Previous expatriate experience in developing countries favoured.
- Driven, self-starter and highly motivated.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organisation to achieve objectives.