• Extract value from what we already have through cross-functional/and or regionally focused activities such as: multi-functional business optimisation, contracts review and negotiation, cross-functional capital/budget efficiency projects etc.
• Innovation – identifying and taking advantage of new cross-functional business opportunities, e.g., through nurturing new business opportunities, products launched, product/process innovation, structural changes, etc.
• Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state legislations & policies, participating in state level industry think-tanks, building & extending national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
• Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as thought leader, executing regional/local CSR projects, involvement in (inter)industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities, data analysis, reviews, etc.
• Cross-functional people leadership activities: coaching, staff development and motivation, employee networks mentorship/support, cross-division employee engagement projects, faculty roles, talent mentorship, etc.
• Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership/execution as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (e.g., at ExCom) etc.
• Develop enterprise wide corporate communications structures and systems that enable the effective dissemination and collation of information from stakeholders (including electronic medium –websites, periodic newsletter, newspaper, etc).
• Oversee all aspects of planning and execution of major corporate events and manage relations with a multitude of internal and external stakeholders in achieving related objectives.
• Develop high level media briefing documents for senior management, including pre-briefing meetings and supporting management, when required, on external speaking platforms with focus on media opportunities, managing and producing high level presentations/speeches for CEO/Executives.
• Initiate and manage fresh communications platforms including Interactive Web-Based Communication and Sustainability Report, developing systems and policies for capturing and sharing information about MTNN successes and activities.
• Provide technical leadership/advice in the formulation and development of corporate communications framework, policies and guidelines and ensure compliance of operations with MTNN policies and procedures.
• Provide thought leadership and advice on the creation/adoption of a framework to integrate business analysis and planning into MTNN’s engagements and identify /create distinct competitive advantages for the organization through strategic use of information.
• Develop platforms for critical stakeholder engagement /corporate communication & information dissemination
• Custodian of the MTN point of view and MTN’s chief chronicler of events & activities past and present.
• Worked across diverse cultures and geographies
• Normal MTN working conditions.
• Local/International travel as required.