Our client, an equal opportunity employer, is a foremost Power and Utilities Company covering the south eastern states of Nigeria looking to transform its organization, thereby positioning herself to delivering exemplary service to customers and thus has urgent need to recruit extraordinary individuals for the following key roles:
General Manager Human Resources
The successful candidate will report to the Deputy Managing Director and will be responsible for providing support in the various human resources functions of the company, which include recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance management and employee career development. He/She will also be responsible for the following:
- Plan and oversee operation of company’s HR function and ensure HR budget compliance across the entire organization
- Supervise and provide consultation to management on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, learning and development and labor relations.
- Take a leadership role in developing transforming a culture that is merit-based and performance driven
- Effectively plan, design, develop and evaluate human resource-related initiatives which support company’s strategic goals
- Lead performance management, talent assessment and effective labor relationships, including negotiating and administering labor agreements.
- Direct the development and implementation of organizational development programs; employee orientation and training programs; benefits plans (where approved), policies and guidelines; database management procedures; equal opportunity employment programs; and employee records and documentation policies. Evaluate the effectiveness of same through compiling and analyzing available data.
- Regularly advise company’s managers on legal implications of HR issues related to discipline and employee grievances.
- Improve manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling managers and employees.
- Bachelors’ degree in HR Management, Humanities or Social Sciences Masters degree in HR Management an added advantage
- HR/ professional certification and affiliation (SHRM, CIPM, CIPD) an added advantage
- Knowledge of Labor laws and Industrial relations
- 10-15 years’ professional experience, with at least 8 years in a managerial role.
Skills and Competencies:
- Exceptional people skills
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Coaching and counseling skills
- Negotiation skills
- Exceptional communication (oral and written) and excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly skilled in leveraging technology to measure results of human resources programs