• Extract value from what we already have through cross-functional/and or regionally focused activities such as: multi-functional business optimisation, contracts review and negotiation, cross-functional capital/budget efficiency projects etc.
• Innovation – identifying and taking advantage of new cross-functional business opportunities, e.g., through nurturing new business opportunities, products launched, product/process innovation, structural changes, etc.
• Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state legislations & policies, participating in state level industry think-tanks, building & extending national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
• Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as thought leader, executing regional/local CSR projects, involvement in (inter)industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities, data analysis, reviews, etc.
• Cross-functional people leadership activities: coaching, staff development and motivation, employee networks mentorship/support, cross-division employee engagement projects, faculty roles, talent mentorship, etc.
• Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership/execution as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (e.g., at Excom) etc
• Facilitate and guide the processes for identification and justification of the information technology requirements of the various business sectors and co-ordinate the initiation of project proposals for meeting the requirements.
• Ensure the strategic policy development processes are in accordance with norms and standards of MTN Group.
• Ensure that corporate governance is implemented and adhered to within the IS division.
• Direct the development of optimal and integrated IS plans for MTNN, consolidating various IT business plans and ensuring plans have clear indications of expected value contributions and in line with corporate vision and mission.
• Develop framework, policies, standards, methodologies and procedures to guide IS operations and to enable the division to provide high quality services to customers and attain set goals and objectives of MTNN.
• Lead the development comprehensive IT and data architecture that will balance the business, financial and technical demands both now and into the future and serves as a map.
• Facilitate the coordination of the various aspects related to Information Systems Planning, such as the plan quality, the stakeholder’s requirements, plan outcome, etc.
• Regularly monitor, review and report progress against the integrated IS plan and conduct business risk analysis, review technical audits and project post-implementation reviews.
• Review risk for IS systems, develop IS Risk Management Strategy and ensure the deployment of risk mitigating action plans and business continuity of MTNN operations.
• Create an ‘IS blueprint’ that addresses business needs and takes into consideration the Data Architecture, Systems Architecture and Computer Architecture of the organization and ensure that the business has a reliable 5 year IT roadmap covering potential industry developments as well as ISD initiatives.
• Provide technical leadership /advice in the formulation and development of enterprise framework, policies/guidelines and ensure compliance of operations with MTN policies and procedures.
• Lead and collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
12 years working experience including;
• Senior management track record of 5 years or more in strategy formulation, technology forecasting, enterprise architecture, network economics, project management, operations management, strategic planning and quality control management.
• 3 years’ experience in relevant industry/sector
• Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise (understanding emerging markets advantageous)
• Worked across diverse cultures and geographies
• Information Architecture
• ITIL Foundation Certificate, Practitioner in Availability and Capacity Management will be an added advantage
• performance Testing execution and overall methodologies
• TOGAF, COBIT, Agile
• Self training on Digital and mobility frameworks.