Our Client, an equal opportunity employer, is a foremost Power and Utilities Company covering the south eastern states of Nigeria looking to transform its organisation, thereby positioning herself to delivering exemplenary service to customers and thus has the urgent need to recruit extraordinary individuals for the role of:
General Manager Operations
The successful candidate will report to the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer and will oversee the compnay’s core operations.
He/She will be responsible for system maintenance, outage management, system control and procurement.
He/She will also be responsible for the following:
- Redesign and implement a qualified, responsive outage management program including corrective responses
- Lead and direct all routine preventative maintenance for the entire region
- Assume primary responsibility for the efficient distribution of electricity and grid reliability
- Develop an effective organisation structure to serve customers across 5 states and 18 regional offices
- Manage and maintain technical assets, warehousing and procurement activities
- Manage technical capital projects to construct and rebuild aging infrastructure
- Develop training, safety and performance standards for the operations organization
- Maintain strict compliance with environmental, health and safety standards
- Support the corporate strategy to continuously improve performance and efficiency
Bachelors’ degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
MBA is an added advantage
10-15 years post qualification experience in utility or manufacturing environment with at least 10 years at managerial level
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of power distribution operations and systems
- Familiarity with power assets such as substations, transformers and meters
- Experience with power systems analysis, fault studies
- Understanding of power system construction, communication protocols and technologies
- Excellent managerial and communication skills
- Utmost intergrity, highly motivated to succeed, strong work ethic, attention to details.