- To operationalize and implement MTNN’s regional operations strategy within the regional environment and ensure that regional sales targets and service levels are achieved.
- To drive compliance and enhance MTNN’s corporate image and reputation by driving/championing the External Management Stakeholder Strategy.
- Extract value from what we already have through cross-functional/and or regionally focused activities such as: multi-functional business optimisation, contracts review and negotiation, cross-functional capital/budget efficiency projects etc.
- Innovation - identifying and taking advantage of new cross-functional business opportunities, e.g., through nurturing new business opportunities, products launched, product/process innovation, structural changes, etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state legislations & policies, participating in state level industry think-tanks, building & extending national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as thought leader, executing regional/local CSR projects, involvement in (inter)industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities, data analysis, reviews, etc.
- Cross-functional people leadership activities: coaching, staff development and motivation, employee networks mentorship/support, cross-division employee engagement projects, faculty roles, talent mentorship, etc.
- Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership/execution as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (e.g., at Excom) etc.
- Facilitate the execution of the ROM Governance Structure and escalate variances promptly to the Sales & Distribution Executive.
- Identify and implement innovative, disciplined, and continuously improving business processes and systems in the region.
- Evaluate need and recommend opportunities for business development and expansion in the region.
- Develop weekly/monthly reports to track metrics/measures and monitor regional performance to ensure achievement of set targets.
- Review and evaluate regional performance on a continuing basis and provide direction for modification of systems and/or implementation of new systems.
- Support, communicate, reinforce, and defend the vision, mission, values, philosophy and culture of the organisation.
- Establish processes/standards and evaluation of systems and technologies with regards to customer experience.
- Anticipate and effectively deal with issues that could enhance the region's opportunities or adversely impact business results.
- Proactively identify, evaluate, mitigate and report on compliance, regulatory and reputational risks across the region.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
Experience & Training
- First degree in related discipline / Masters advantageous
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- Possession of a post graduate degree in a relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
- 12 years working experience which includes:
- Senior management track record of 3 years or more
- 3 years’ experience in relevant industry/sector (FMCG/ Telecommunications/ Retail Banking/ service industry context)
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise (understanding emerging markets advantageous)
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies
- Retail/ Distribution planning
- Continuous education on GSM marketing and distribution (non-technical)
- Leadership skills
- Basic GSM Training
- Basic Telecommunication Fundamentals
- Internal conferences on telecommunications and consumer trends
- Relationship Management
- Business Law
- BA, BEd, BSc or HND