Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
The General Manager's most important task is to assure that the company meets and exceeds organisational goals.
Other responsibilities include obtaining profit contribution by managing staff whilst establishing and accomplishing business objectives; delivery of the goals and objectives of the organization within a set time and approved budget by utilizing resources available efficiently and supervising the financial, legal, and operational affairs of the organization.
The General Manager must possess full knowledge of management principles, sales and marketing principles; must have a confident personality and possess skills to support organizational activities, and should be experienced in Office Management generally and in Recruitment or Human Resources specifically.
The General Manager should be able to manage conflicts, possess good communication skills and should be a good listener, must have the skill of decision making, and should be a great team leader.
a) Strategic Leadership
- Develops strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives
- Works with the executive team to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans, and policies related to the business
- Accomplishes organizational objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, candidates, employees and all stakeholders; enforcing ethical business practices
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organizational standards
- Develops new business which are fruitful and profitable for the organisation
- Plans, directs, coordinates and controls various aspects of the company’s operations to meet business objectives
- Ensures that operations run smoothly and according to company policy
- Develops policies, processes and procedures to guide the business operations
- Coordinates team efforts and activities by establishing marketing, sourcing, registration, investigations, placement and follow-up policies and practices
- Manages vendors by ensuring that vendors and suppliers are properly compensated and continue to meet the needs of the company at the most cost effective manner
- Ensures that daily paperwork which include accounting figures, payroll matters, candidate tracking, are kept accurately
- Gives periodical reports to Managing Director
c) Human Resources Management
- Increases management effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff
- Communicates values, strategies, and objectives of the organisation
- Plans, monitors, and appraises job results
- Assigns accountabilities and carries out periodic performance appraisals
- Develops incentives and motivational strategies
- Develops a climate for offering information and opinions
- Provides training and educational opportunities
d) Policies and Procedures
- Implements the company’s policies and procedures
- Ensures the policies and procedures evolve with the company, updating them as necessary
- Interprets the policies and procedures to cover any gray or unclear areas that might present themselves during the company’s operations
- Assures compliance with all applicable statutory laws and regulations
Minimum of HND or B.Sc with at least three 3yrs experience in Human Resources
CIPM certified a plus.