Job Location: Ikoyi, Lagos.
The General Manager position is accountable for the general operations of the group, which includes the development of an operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve firm’s assets and maximize profit.
The Job holder will report to the MD/CEOJob Description
• Handle both the operational and business sides of the companies.
• Oversea functions such as recruiting and developing quality staff at all levels. Provides input to location succession planning.
• Provides leadership, effective management and training for staff.
• Ensures communications from executive management is delivered to all staff levels.
• Ensures full adherence to all company policies and procedures.
• Implements and enforces controls that protect the company’s assets from internal and external shrink.
• Ensures over-all coaching and supervision is delivered consistently to ensure excellent customer service.
• Be responsible to secure effective management of the projects.
• Act as a navigator and a visionary to build and lead a team of dynamic and innovative professionals.
• Completes on a timely basis all administrative work as assigned by executive management, (i.e. scheduling, back office administration).
• Performs daily/ weekly operational audits.
• Ensures adherence to all promotional programs and reports deficiencies in compliance to executive management.
• Performs daily inspections in stores to ensure company standards in visual presentation, stock replenishment and housekeeping are maintained.
• Direct and coordinate organization's financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
• Perform other related duties as required by the office of the Managing directorQualifications
The candidate must have requisite understanding of construction, finance, business management and operations.
Must possess at least a master’s degree in a relevant field.
The candidate shall also have equivalent business experience and 15+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
A Master's will be an advantage.
Should have experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
The GM shall also possess the relevant certifications in project management.
Must be experienced in handling a similar role for a reputable firmAdditional Information
Preferably an expatriate with a lot of experience in Nigeria.