Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
The ideal candidate support, observe and record the progress of the class.
The ideal candidate also plan lessons in line with national objectives, with the aim of ensuring a healthy culture of learning.
The ideal candidate must keep up to date with developments in their subject area, new resources, methods and national objectives. The role involves liaising and networking with other professionals, parents and carers, both informally and formally.
- preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes of different ages and abilities;
- marking work, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of pupils' progress and development;
- researching new topic areas, maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge, and devising and writing new curriculum materials;
- selecting and using a range of different learning resources and equipment, including podcasts and interactive whiteboards;
- preparing pupils for qualifications and external examinations;
- managing pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and applying appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour;
- undertaking pastoral duties, such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties;
- communicating with parents and carers over pupils' progress and participating in departmental meetings, parents' evenings and whole school training events;
- liaising with other professionals, such as learning mentors, careers advisers, educational psychologists and education welfare officers;
- supervising and supporting the work of teaching assistants, trainee teachers and newly qualified teachers
- participating in and organising extracurricular activities, such as outings, social activities and sporting events;
- undergoing regular observations and participating in regular in-service training as part of continuing professional development
· Minimum of NCE, PGCE, Bachelor’s Degree in Geography or Geology with at least one year working experience or B.Ed in Geography Education preferred
- One year and above prior teaching experience typically preferred