Conducts 2D & 3D quality control of seismic data processing and performs full 2D and 3D seismic interpretation using Charisma workstation using UNIX operating system and data
loading. This includes generation of time and depth structural maps in addition to velocity models for time to depth conversation. Knowledge in Landmark interpretation system is
considered a plus.
Generate synthetic seismograms from well data including wavelet extraction.
Generate cross plot analyses using well and seismic data to establish the relations between reservoir properties and seismic attributes in preparation for post-stack or pre-stack
impedance seismic inversion.
Work with operation geologist and prepare operation/appraisal well proposals.
Contributes in the re-evaluation of existing prospects and structures. This includes OIP calculations and definition of relevant uncertainties and future requirements.
Assist in the supervision and QC of the VSP data acquisition and processing.
Participates in quality control of 2D & 3D seismic data acquisition and processing whenever required.
Performs geo-statistical modeling of results and attributes.
Provide advanced feedback and consultation for possible seismic 3D time lapse (4D) projects.
Work within a multidisciplinary Team structures with reasonable experience in geological, development, drilling, production and field operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Geophysics discipline.
- 10 years and above total experience in Oil and Gas
- Good knowledge of geophysical software packages to interpret and invert 3D seismic data and produce structural maps such as Landmark, Zmap+, Hampson-Russell STRATA, JASON or equivalent.
- Very good knowledge of UNIX operating system, PC programs such as Microsoft office.
- Some work experience in either Petrophysicis or Carbonate Reservoir characterization
- Good interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively in a team with diverse skills and cultural background.
- Excellent communication and technical report writing skills in English.