Manage the discipline and ensure that the engineering services that it delivers meet WorleyParsons, its clients and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
Ensure that all discipline personnel understand the engineering processes that deliver Technical Integrity, Safety in Design and Sustainability outcomes
Specifically, ensure that the engineering services the discipline delivers meet project requirements on time and within budget.
When necessary, perform discipline specific engineering services.
Provide specialist technical direction and advice to the discipline and project teams; conduct peer reviews; actively participate in the WorleyParsons Communities of Practice; and consult with relevant resources as required.
Drive a culture of accountability within the group and enforce the necessary measures when performance is inadequate
Ensure Continuous Improvement is being made by the group with the implementation of an Annual Improvement Plan and addressing lessons learnt
Drive a culture of ‘doing it right first time’ and delivering practical engineering solutions that are fit for purpose
Within the discipline, develop, improve and maintain WorleyParsons engineering systems, processes, practices and procedures.
Lead and manage the discipline including:
- manage the scope of projects and any changes to scope in accordance with WorleyParsons and any project specific change management processes;
- outline project requirements, assign tasks and supervise progress;
- manage the overall technical integrity of the discipline’s work including safety in design and sustainable design;
- ensure the required services meet WorleyParsons, its clients and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements;
- motivate and manage the discipline’s performance and develop people within the group including the provision of on the job training;
- with the Manager of Engineering and Chief Engineers, proactively forecast personnel needs across all projects for the discipline, communicate with project management and assign personnel to projects and work with HR to initiate recruitment or demobilization where required.
- with the Manager of Engineering and Chief Engineers manage competency requirements, and promote Workshare where possible.
Represent the discipline both within WorleyParsons and with external parties such as clients and contractors.
Establish and maintain good working relationships within WorleyParsons, with its clients and other stakeholders.
Proactively resolve any discrepancies between WorleyParsons and its client’s requirements.
Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in the discipline.
- Within the relevant discipline:
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to WorleyParsons and its clients.
- An excellent knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the discipline, and the basic requirements of other disciplines.
- An excellent knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent in the use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and discipline specific software.
- Understands how the business delivers value to shareholders, what drives profitability and what increases growth.
- Able to make difficult decisions and lead and manage others in changing business conditions.
- Excellent people management skills such as leadership, team, interpersonal, coaching, mentoring and supervisory skills. Must be able to build, motivate, develop and manage an effective team.
- Excellent management skills including the ability to plan, set goals; and manage time, priorities, resources, accountabilities, schedules and cost.
- Understands WorleyParsons Vision and purpose, translates it into team goals and objectives, and gains team commitment to achieving those goals and objectives.
- Effectively manages and resolves conflict between individuals and/or groups.
- Negotiates successful outcomes that achieve the required objectives and have the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer focus and able to consistently meet WorleyParsons and its clients’ needs.
- Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment, and assists others with adapting to change.
- A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honours their commitments.
- Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Extensive technical, practical and leadership experience in the relevant discipline in the same or similar industry, including experience managing and leading large multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
- A recognised engineering degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- Postgraduate qualifications in the relevant discipline; management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world’s best health, safety and environmental performance.
- Assist in managing, communicating, implementing and regularly reviewing systems, strategies, standards and processes (including environmental plans or health management programs) that:
- Minimise the potential impact of work activities or work sites managed by WorleyParsons on the environment;
- Manage the impact of work activities or work sites managed by WorleyParsons on the environment;
- Manage recovery from environmental incidents;
- Promote safe, healthy and environmentally friendly workplaces and behaviour, including workplaces not managed by WorleyParsons and behaviour when not at work;
- Manage workplace illness and injury.
- Acquire and maintain sufficient knowledge and awareness of the workplace environment to identify and manage work hazards and incidents.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
- personal well-being;
- healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
- continuously improve WorleyParsons health, safety and environmental performance.
- Demonstrate the behaviour and business practices outlined in WorleyParsons Vision, codes, policies, procedures and standards (Processes). Implement these Processes, ensure personnel have access to them, regularly undertake reviews to assess compliance, and refer serious breaches to the relevant person or committee.
- Comply and keep up-to-date with the behaviour and business practices outlined in WorleyParsons Processes, and with all applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Select personnel who share WorleyParsons values, beliefs and a commitment to the OneWay Vision, and who demonstrate the expected behaviour, competencies and performance associated with their role or task.
- Encourage a team based work environment that leverages the expertise and knowledge of the team and nurtures a climate of care and trust.
- Deliver quality services and demonstrate a commitment to understand and meet customer needs.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to achieving the OneWay Vision and its associated requirements.
- Travel as required, including travel related to projects and to maintain links with other WorleyParsons offices.
- Act in the best interests of WorleyParsons at all times.