- The GIS Specialist will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of the organization’s GIS database and Geographic Maps as well as the production of associated analyses and reports.
- Produce advanced specialised maps, analyses and reports utilising geographic and demographic information using programming, database and graphic skills
- Obtain and maintain accurate geographic technical, commercial and other data for the regions where the organization has an operational footprint
- Provide critical GIS input into the asset management process and maintain GIS component of an asset database such as location of transformers, feeders, substations and wayleaves.
- Utilise proprietary and open mapping tools, templates, standards and software while adhering to relevant business processes and policies
- Minimum of a University degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Major or Minor in Geography or training in GIS technology.
- Advanced skills in GIS and Drawing software such as ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Google Earth Professional and MapInfo.
- Advanced understanding of electrical drawings and symbols used in an electricity utility company
- Intermediate to advanced analytical and quantitative skills
Required Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent Analytical, Problem Solving & Multitasking skills.
- Self motivated, attention to detail with focus on results
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
The cover letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way
Wuse Zone 4,
Attention: The Executive Director, Human Resources and Corporate Services.